Pupils wear school uniform to enable them to identify with each other as a school community, in line with the other secondary schools in the area.
The uniform is:
- Black/dark grey trousers or skirt
- Choice of white shirt and maroon tie* or white polo shirt with school logo*
- Black school sweatshirt with school logo*
- Black shoes
- Black blazer (optional)
- Fleece: reversible, shower-proof (optional) *
All pupils require:
- black shorts and/or plain black jogging pants,
- white t-shirt (plain or with school logo*),
- sports socks,
- football boots and trainers.
- Burgundy Stony Dean sweatshirt*
- A swimming costume and towel will be required by Y7 and some older pupils for weekly
- All pupils should bring a towel and expect to shower after PE.
All items with an* can be purchased through the school office.
All clothing should be clearly marked with the pupil’s name, particularly those items of clothing
Jewellery should not be worn on health and safety grounds
Ear-rings are not allowed for the same reasons. If pupils wish to have their ears pierced, this should be done at the start of the summer holidays, so that the holes have time to settle and so that any sleepers may be removed for the school day on the return to school in September
Any pupil having their ears pierced at other times in the school year will either need to remove the ear-ring or will be educated in isolation for the remainder of the time needed until the ear-ring can be removed.
Parents may not legally absolve the school of responsibility for any injury arising from the wearing of ear-rings/jewellery as the pupil concerned is the one who would suffer the injury, even though they have not yet reached the age of majority
Hair styles should be acceptable rather than extreme. The headteacher’s judgement is final.